The Corona Virus (COVID 19) is a serious concern and is rapidly evolving. For the last 100 years the Sunoco Family has delivered essential fuel products across the United States. We want our valued employees, consumers, and the owners of our independently-owned Sunoco Branded sites to know their health and safety is our top priority.
First and foremost we are closely monitoring the situation and responding to the ever-changing environment. Sunoco is following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), U.S. Department of State and other organizations where we operate.
In addition we are taking the following steps to keep our employees, consumers and other key partners safe. Specifically our retail locations have increased their already strict policies:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing throughout the fuel locations
- Focusing on sanitizing high-touch areas such as sales registers, door handles, counters, pin pads, etc.
- Reinforcing our already strict sanitation, handwashing and health and wellness policies for employees
- Ensuring additional sanitizing products are available for the employees including disinfecting sprays and wipes
- Creating feedback channels for fuel sites and their independent operators to respond and report any COVID Cases
Additionally, we take seriously our role as the largest independent fuel distributor in the United States. Delivering fuel during this time is critical to continue running the United States infrastructure. To that end, we have taken and will continue to take all appropriate measures to ensure we have a continuous supply of fuel, products and services. Our teams have modified procedures to continue to deliver the highest levels of supply and continue keeping our nation running.
At Sunoco we consider health and safety our top priority. This tough situation is a good reminder that we are globally connected. We encourage everyone to be safe, take great care to follow the health guidelines set out by the experts, and take care of yourself and your loved ones.