Last modified: 5/24/2023
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites or our social media sites (the websites and social media sites collectively referred to as our “Sites") or register to purchase our products, use our services or attend our events, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect on the Sites; and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Sites. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party, or by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Sites.
Users Outside the United States of America
If you are a resident of a country within the European Union or are otherwise accessing our site from outside the United States of America, by using this site and providing us your information, you hereby explicitly acknowledge and agree to (i) the transfer of such information to the United States and (ii) the collection, use, and disclosure of your personally identifiable information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this transfer, collection, use, or disclosure, please do not use the Sites.
Children Under the Age of 18
If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Sites. Our Sites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under 18 may provide any information to the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information"); and
- About your location, internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, including our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites or to attend one of our programs, posting material, or requesting products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Sites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Sites, or to be transmitted to other users of the Sites or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic, location, and other communication data and the resources you access and use on the Sites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites(s), along with the time of the visit and the visited page (s). Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Sites(s). We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Essential/strictly necessary cookies: Some cookies we use are essential to the functioning of the Sites.
- Analytical/performance cookies: Allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Sites when using them. This helps us improve the way the site functions.
- Functionality cookies: Used to recognize you when you return to the Sites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies: Record your visit to the Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Sites more relevant to your interests.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Sites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Firm, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to track how you and others use certain Sites in order to manage and improve those Sites. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. For information on how Google uses this information, and how you can control the usage of that information, please see https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. You should contact the responsible provider directly if you have any questions about an advertisement or other third-party service. For information about how to opt out of targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, :
- To present our Sites and their related contents to you.
- To determine if we can provide you with information, products, or services you request from us, and to do so if possible.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which the information is provided.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
While registration may not be required for you to use a Site, there may be circumstances in which you choose to register for our products or services, to attend our events or to receive ongoing updates from Company. In these cases, we may contact registrants to invite them to our events, provide them with information about our services, publications, and products, or for other marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including response to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect Sunoco’s rights, property, or safety, our clients, or others.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Information about Sunoco. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Sunoco to promote our own or third-party products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third-party collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correction or deletion of any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Sites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Sites users. Our Terms and Conditions govern the access and use of information provided on the Sites, including User Contributions.
Your California Privacy Rights
- If you are a California resident, California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act”), the Shine the Light Law (the “Law”), and the California Business and Professions Code and Civil Code (the “Codes”). As required by the Act, the Law, and the Codes, we will provide you with the categories of personally identifiable information we collect through this Site and the categories of third-party persons or entities with whom such personally identifiable information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. We are required to inform you, at your request: (1) the categories of personally identifiable information we collect and what third parties, we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. We are also required to allow you to control who we can and cannot share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, and personally identifiable information you do not want us to share with third parties. The request should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. (4) The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you. To submit a request for deletion, you may call us at 1-800-SUNOCO-1 or submit a request at www.sunocolp.com/ccpa. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for deletion on your behalf on our website at www.sunocolp.com/ccpa.
- Please note that:
- Sunoco is only required to honor such requests twice in a 12-month period.
- There is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personally identifiable information or requesting this notice.
Deletion of Your Personal Information from the Mobile App
In addition to your other rights stated herein, at your request, Sunoco will delete your personal information submitted through the Sunoco mobile app from our systems. To exercise this right, please follow the steps below in the mobile app:
- Go to the “Under the hood” menu, tap “Help” > “Delete your account” category.
- Tap “Delete Account” on the next screen.
- Confirm the action by tapping the “Delete account”.
- Receive and enter the OTP code.
- See the confirmation message “Your account will be deleted”.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumventing any privacy settings or security measures on the Sites.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to the Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the appropriate Site. The date the Policy was last revised is at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Sites and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at email@example.com
To register a complaint, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the confidential EthicsPoint Helpline at 1-888-332-3592, 1-800-228-5687, or online at www.energytransfer.ethicspoint.com. The confidential Helpline is administered by an independent third party and is available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
Sunoco LP, Attn: General Counsel
8111 Westchester Drive, Suite 600
Dallas, TX 75225